Yields 3-4 servings.
- 5 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus the leftover roasting oil
- 230g (dry weight) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini (or neri goma)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- A dash of turmeric
- A dash of paprika
- 5-6 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of crushed, rosemary
- 1 roasted red pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place un-peeled garlic cloves in the middle of a large square of aluminum foil. Drizzle cloves with extra virgin olive oil. Wrap the foil around the garlic and oil and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tips of the garlic skins turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled enough to handle, pinch the roasted garlic out of peels.
- In a food processor or mortar, combine roasted garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt, turmeric, and the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Process or grind until the hummus reaches your desired texture. Add more oil to adjust the consistency.
- Just before serving, sprinkle some paprika on the hummus and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over it.