|Prep time: 24 hours|Cook time: 5 min|
Yields approx. 175ml
This is a recipe that I love to serve alongside the falafel recipe located elsewhere on Hodgepodge Cookery. Tzatziki is a refreshing Greek sauce that goes great with falafel or on a tossed salad. Give it a try and let me know what you think about it!
- 100ml Greek yoghurt or strained unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 small English cucumber, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic puree
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, adjust to taste
- If you’re not using Greek yoghurt, place two sets of doubled-up coffee filters and paper towels in a high-walled bowl. Fill the coffee filters with yoghurt and allow it to strain for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once the yoghurt has been strained, grate the cucumber, squeezing out excess water before placing it into a bowl with the yoghurt. Add the garlic puree, lemon juice, mint, and olive oil. Mix until combined and adjust the salt to taste.